Welcome. Find us on Facebook
The aim of the programs of the Ballina-Byron Family Centre (BBFC) is to provide support to families and individual family members to develop their coping skills and their competence to ensure their well-being and the well-being of their family.
Objectives of the BBFC:
- To empower family members to act for their own well-being, the well-being of the family, and the well-being of the community.
- To support families with dependent children in their parenting role.
- To promote positive relationships within families and with others in the community.
- To prevent family breakdown, particularly to prevent children being removed from their families.
- To prevent child abuse.
- To develop a network of support, referral and self-help services with a preventative and educative emphasis.
- To network with existing services in the community.
- To encourage families and individual family members to access appropriate support services and benefits to which they are entitled.
- To advocate for families and individual family members to Governement and other agencies to ensure their needs are addressed.