Early Years Program
What is the Early Years Program?
The Early Years Program employs a Family Worker for the Ballina and Byron Shires and a Community Worker for the Byron Shire.
The Early Years Family Worker
The Family Worker provides short term parenting support and information for families with children aged five years and under.
The Family Worker offers:
- Home or office visits
- New ways of coping with the challenges of parenting
- Strategies to build on the existing skills of parents
- Ideas to improve family relationships
- Parenting programs
The Early Years Community Worker
The Community Worker networks with, and provides links to, all child and family services in the Byron Shire. The Community Worker also consults with the community to access the needs of families with children from birth to eight years.
Sunrise Beach Supported Playgroup
This Playgroup is for the residents of Sunrise Beach
and is facilitated by both Early Years workers.
The Playgroup aims to:
- Increase social networks for parents and children
- Link families to other local services
- Provide families with additional information on their child’s development
- Provide families with additional play ideas for their children
- Increase parent’s satisfaction and enjoyment in their parenting role
- The Early Years Program is a free service.