Ballina Byron Family Support Service
What is the Family Support Service
The Ballina-Byron Family Support Service (BBFSS) provides support to families with dependant children experiencing difficulties in their lives.
The program employs two Family Workers in the Ballina and Byron Shire local government areas.
What we can assist you with:
Trained and experienced Family Workers offer a confidential one to one service.
We can assist with:
- Information, advocacy and referral
- Parenting support and information
- Domestic violence support and information
- Educational and therapeutic groups, including parenting and self esteem groups
- Free childcare with a qualified childcare worker during group sessions
- Supported Playgroups
The BBFSS is a free service.
The BBFSS covers all areas in the Ballina and Byron Shires.
How to become a client
Referrals to BBFSS can be made by any service provider, government or non-government agency, or family member / friend. Families or individuals can also self refer.
Referrals made on behalf of families or individuals will only be accepted if the families / individuals are aware of the referral and are willing to take up the referral.